Topics covered include:
- Employment Insurance (regular and special benefits)
- Social assistance (Ontario Works and Ontario Disability Support Program)
- Canada Pension Plan
- Old Age Security and the Guaranteed Income Supplement
- Health Care
- Health and Safety at work
- Organizing for access for all
- Where to go for more information
Linda Vanucci is the lawyer/director at Toronto Workers’ Health & Safety Legal Clinic where she has worked since 1989 representing workers who lost their jobs for raising health and safety concerns at work. Prior to that she was a Community Legal Worker for 5 years at York Community Services.
Chris Ramsaroop is a provincial organizer at the Income Security Advocacy Centre (ISAC) in Toronto. He is also a founding member of Justice for Migrant Workers (J4MW); a grassroots collective of community, labor and migrant activists who organize with migrant workers for change. J4MW also undertakes legal strategies through interventions at both the Supreme Court of Canada and the Ontario Human Rights Tribunal.
Please note: Our videos are embedded on Vimeo and are best played using Firefox, Safari or Chrome.
Migrant Workers and Access to Social Benefits in Ontario from CLEO Webinars on Vimeo.
- Flash Player
- Audio Only (Mp3)
- Watch on Vimeo