Legal capability webinars: How to help people with legal problems
Do your clients ask you:
- how to get their landlord to make repairs?
- what they can do if they aren't being paid properly?
- how to respond to a letter from the government about their social assistance?
CLEO Connect can train you and your colleagues on how to find the legal information that:
- helps you decide if there’s a legal aspect to your client’s problem
- directs you to accurate and reliable sources of legal information
- explains the difference between legal information and legal advice
- helps you make referrals when people need legal advice
These customized webinars are available in English.
Who is the training for?
Our webinars are designed for a wide variety of community workers in Ontario, including:
- social workers and counsellors
- employment, settlement, and housing workers
- healthcare professionals
- library staff
How can I book a webinar?
If you would like to plan a webinar for staff at your organization or get more information, email Urooj Ameeruddin, Special Projects Coordinator at CLEO.