About CLEO Connect
CLEO Connect - a program of CLEO (Community Legal Education Ontario / Éducation juridique communautaire Ontario) - is Ontario's online home for training, tools, and connections to help you help your clients.
Since 1974, CLEO has developed clear, accurate, and practical legal rights education and information to help people understand and exercise their legal rights.
CLEO Connect - helping community workers help clients
Do you help people who have problems related to the law?
CLEO Connect offers training, resources for adult educators, and other tools and resources for community workers and other trusted intermediaries who help Ontarians on low incomes with legal problems.
On CLEO Connect, you can:
- register for training webinars on current legal information updates, or skills building to better help people with legal problems
- find lesson plans and activities for your literacy, job training, or ESL/ LINC courses
- visit the Your Legal Rights collection of legal information by organizations across the province
- get practical tip sheets, learn about best practices in using clear language, find research, and more
CLEO - Ontario's legal information specialists since 1974
Our work focuses on providing information to people who face barriers to accessing the justice system, including income, disability, literacy, and language. As a community legal clinic and part of Ontario's legal aid system, we work in partnership with other legal clinics and community organizations across the province.
Our work, in addition to CLEO Connect, includes:
- the Steps to Justice website, question and answer modules on everyday legal problems experienced by people in Ontario
- an extensive collection of legal information resources and publications available in a variety of languages and formats
- research into effective ways of developing and delivering legal rights information
- online resources including Youth Criminal Law and Nonprofit Law Ontario