The information in this guide is an overview of the legislation and rules of procedure that govern Small Claims Court. Inside this guide:
- Introduction: What is a claim? What kinds of claims are dealt with in Small Claims Court? Can I make a claim if I am under 18 years of age? Can I settle my case if I want to? What is a plaintiff's claim? What is a defendant's claim?
- Part One: How do I fill out the claim form?
- Part Two: What happens next with the plaintiff's claim?
- Part Three: What happens next with the defendant's claim?
- Checklist: Making a claim