This Law Facts resource from Legal Aid Ontario (LAO) answers these questions:
- What is a peace bond hearing?
- What is a peace bond?
- When do people typically enter into peace bonds?
- Do you have to deposit money if you agree to a peace bond?
- What will happen if a person who is on a peace bond breaks one or more of the conditions?
- What happens in court if an accused wants to agree to a peace bond so that the Crown will withdraw the charge(s)?
- When should an accused agree to enter into a peace bond?
- Is agreeing to a peace bond the same thing as pleading guilty?