The information on this Ontario Energy Board (OEB) page applies to contracts that are entered into on and after January 1, 2017. In order for an energy contract to be renewed or extended, the original contract must allow renewal or extension. Some of the topics covered:
- You do not have to renew or extend your energy contract.
- Energy retailers are not your utility, the government or the OEB.
- Automatic renewal or extension is not allowed as of January 1, 2017.
- Savings are not guaranteed.
- There will be other charges.