The Fall/Winter 2012 issue of the Human Rights Legal Support Centre newsletter is devoted to housing. Articles include:
- My landlord wants me to pay 6 months rent in advance because I am new to Canada. Can he do that?
- How are my housing rights protected under Ontario's Human Rights Code?
- The following types of rental ads are discriminatory under Ontario's Human Rights Code:
- Mediated settlements negotiated by the Human Rights Legal Support Centre
- Accessibility improvements must be made to individual units
- Landlord has obligations with respect to other tenants
- Decisions of the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario where the human rights claimant was represented by a lawyer from the Human Rights Legal Support Centre
- Other significant Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario decisions on housing