This tip sheet from the Community Advocacy and Legal Centre gives answers to these questions:
- What are the rules collection agencies must follow?
- What if I think a collection agency has broken the rules?
- What should I do when contacted by a collection agency?
- Can I be sued?
- Where can I get help with debt or credit problems?
- Where can I get more information?
There are also a provincial government complaint form and credit union forms.
Some of the contact information in this tip sheet is for Belleville and Napanee consumers only.