Child and spousal support when you are on social assistance

This booklet explains under what circumstances a person on social assistance is expected to try to get support payments from someone who is or was their spouse or same-sex partner, or who is the other parent of their children, and what they are expected to do. It talks about how support payments affect benefits and what to do if support payments are late or not paid.