Can a woman who does not have status stay in Canada if her child is born here?

One of a series of FAQs from Luke's Place, this resource explains that even if a woman has a child born in Canada, it does not mean that she can stay here. If she does not have status in Canada, she has to make an application for permanent resident status, which must be approved for her to be able to stay. This resource explains the two types of applications for permanent resident status, how the factors of establishment in Canada and hardship affect an application, and how the best interests of the child affects a Humanitarian and Compassionate Application (H & C) application.