This research tool provides summaries of 50 randomized control trial studies conducted in the U.S. The studies were identified in 2016 research by Harvard's A2J Lab. That research defined "randomized control trials" as studies that met five criteria:
- They had to be conducted in the United States
- They must have been field studies of real-world interventions
- They must have randomly assigned participants in the study to at least two conditions
- This randomization must have replaced the decision of a judge or lawyer
- They must have been conducted with the purpose of producing knowledge.