This report provides an update about developments in digital delivery of legal services in British Columbia, England, Wales, the US and the Netherlands. It discusses some of the issues digital delivery of public legal education and information (PLE) raises for governments, funders, providers and users. It builds upon findings in an earlier report co-written by the same author.
He addresses the following topics in this report:
- the future potential for artificial intelligence (AI) in enhancing the delivery of legal information
- the use of social media in delivering legal information
- online dispute resolution initiatives
- the use of gamification in legal information training
- the use of video in legal information training
The author also highlights best practices in thinking about digital delivery of PLE. This might, for low-income users, require strategies such as integrating online delivery of legal information into face-to-face provision.
- related working papers containing information about the fieldwork for this research project