Rental Housing Enforcement Unit

You can contact the provincial government's Rental Housing Enforcement Unit (RHEU) if your landlord violates your rights under the Residential Tenancies Act. For example, if your landlord:

  • harasses you,
  • evicts you illegally,
  • comes into your place without permission, or
  • threatens to do any of the above.

The RHEU also enforces the provincial maintenance standards, which apply whenever there are no local property standards.

For more information, you can reach the RHEU by phone at 1-888-772-9277 or visit their web site.