Luke’s Place works to improve the safety and experience of abused women in Durham Region who are or may become involved with the family law system.
Drawing from our direct service with the diverse rural and urban populations of Durham, Luke’s Place also provides training and resources on family court advocacy to service providers throughout Ontario. This includes:
- customized in-person legal trainings
- training of Ontario’s Family Court Support Workers
- online trainings and webinars
- FAQs about common family law issues
- manuals on various family law processes
- research on the intersection of family law and violence against women in Ontario
Luke’s Place envisions a family court system that promotes healthy, safe families.
Luke’s Place also provides a listing of Family Law Support Services for abused women in Ontario on their website at: http://lukesplace.ca/resources/family-law-support-services-for-women/.