The following description is taken from the Legal Aid Ontario website.
Family Law Service Centres (FLSCs) offer eligible clients a range of legal resources and support for family matters, including:
- help with documents
- referrals to advice counsel
- full representation in family law cases by a staff lawyer
- referral to a private lawyer who does legal aid work, if eligible
- mediation and settlement conferences
- referrals to other social service agencies
Certificate applications for serious domestic violence, child protection, or complex family law cases are also accepted.
The centres are staffed by a lawyer manager, staff lawyers, and legal workers who are supervised by lawyers. Each of the FLSCs serve clients going to the family courts located in their area, so it is important that you contact the FLSC in the region where your court case is located.
FLSCs are located in Toronto, North York, Newmarket, Brampton, Chatham, Sarnia, Welland, and Windsor. Find the FLSC near you.