Family Court Support Workers provide direct support to victims of domestic violence who are involved in the family court process.
A Family Court Support Worker will:
- provide information about the family court process
- help victims prepare for family court proceedings
- refer victims to other specialized services and supports in the community
- help with safety planning, such as getting to and from court safely
- accompany the victim to court proceedings, where appropriate.
Family Court Support Workers are based in communities across the province. For a list of service providers, click here.
If you have questions about the program, or need helping finding your service provider, please call the Victim Support Line toll-free at 1-888-579-2888, or 416-314-2447 in the Greater Toronto Area.