Legal life skills curriculum
Adult learners in job readiness training or other community-based literacy training programs are often more at risk of experiencing civil legal problems because they are on low incomes, and face other barriers.
CLEO’s legal life skills curriculum contains activities that can help equip adult learners with the knowledge and skills they need to stop legal problems they may face in the workplace from growing more serious. The case studies and exercises can also be used by instructors as a jumping off point for current legal events.
You can download the full curriculum, or pick and choose the themes and exercises that will work best for your learners. The activity kit topics are:
- Legal problems of everyday life: An introduction to legal life skills
- Keeping documents and records
- Organizing and prioritizing information
- Putting things in writing
- Finding good legal information online
- Dealing with difficult questions in an interview or in the workplace
CLEO prepared this curriculum with financial assistance from the Canadian Bar Association's Law for the Future Fund.