Adult education tips
Some best practices for helping adults acquire new skills and knowledge:
- Adults must want to learn.
- Adults will learn what they feel they need to learn.
- Adults are practical in their approach to learning; they want to know, “How is this going to help me now?”
- Adults learn by doing.
- Adult learning focuses on realistic problems.
- Base adult learning in the real life experience of the learners.
- Offer adult education based on guidance and offering a range of choices
Download our tipsheet “Tips for training adults”
Download our tipsheet “Giving legal information”
CLEO’s Connecting Communications Training Partnerships team has designed three evaluation forms to help you:
- Get information from the people you train at the end of the training
- Check in on what has changed for participants one month after the training
- Help projects reflect on the successes and challenges during the training
Download our sample form “Sample evaluation form - participants at end of training”
Download our sample form Sample Evaluation - one Month follow up
Download our sample form “Sample evaluation form - project partners and staff”