CLEO COVID-19 webinars
CLEO is hosting legal information webinars for community workers on COVID-19 topics. The webinars feature legal clinic lawyers and other experts.
We do not have any webinars scheduled at this time but are planning more for the autumn of 2020. To find out about trainings, tools, and other resources for community workers, subscribe to CLEO Connect.
- Returning to work: what clients need to know during the COVID-19 pandemic - July 28, 2020
- Webinar for frontline workers on family law and domestic violence during COVID-19 - June 30, 2020
- Webinar for frontline workers on tenants' rights during COVID-19 - June 16, 2020.
- Employment and Immigration for frontline workers during COVID-19 - May 28, 2020
- Income Benefits (CERB/EI + others) and Workers' Rights during COVID-19 - May 14, 2020 - Please note some corrections for the information given in this webinar - they appear in the listing for the webinar linked to from here.
Important update: At the time the tenants' rights webinar was produced on June 16, there was a moratorium or "freeze" on most evictions in Ontario due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Starting on August 4, 2020, evictions can be enforced again in Ontario.
For more information on changes to housing law during COVID-19, visit CLEO's Steps to Justice website.
View the full collection of COVID-19 legal information webinars presented by community organizations in partnership with CLEO.
Download our one-page chart to find out more eligibility and rules for COVID-19 income benefits.