In the community
New resource posted to Your Legal Rights: Know Your Rights Launchpad for Tenants
This set of interactive resources produced by the Social Planning and Research Council of Hamilton (SPRC) and the Hamilton Community Legal Clinic covers several topics of interest for tenants. These include:
- general rights as a tenant, with issues such as moving in, privacy, and moving out
- information about the eviction process and some grounds for eviction in Ontario
- general information about the Residential Tenancies Act and the standard lease requirement in Ontario
- tenants' rights during the COVID-19 pandemic
- changes to landlord and tenant law under Bill 184.
The resources were produced through a collaboration between the Social Planning and Research Council of Hamilton (SPRC) and the Hamilton Community Legal Clinic.